Friday, November 9, 2012

Quiet before the storm : Peplum and Leather

Vivir Moderno

Vivir Moderno

Vivir Moderno

Vivir Moderno
Rebecca Minkoff 3 Zip Rocker Crossbody (Here ) | Zara Peplum Top & Heels | H&M Leather Skirt | Mandees Belt | Michael Kors Watch | Rayban Sunglasses

We took this outfit for a spin a week before Hurricane Sandy hit and unfortunately she brought disaster and tragedy along with her. My thoughts and prayers are with those families who have been affected by it. I have put together a donation drive with my family, in which we collected 25 bags of clothing to donate to those who in need. If anyone wants more information or would like to donate please email me.
Peplum is a trend I fell in love with since its popped into the fashion world last year. Its a very classic and versatile design in which you can dress it up or down. Its fun to play with those peplum pieces from spring and transition them into your fall and winter wardrobe. So when shopping for peplum make sure you get the right fit for your body. If it sits lower or higher then your waist it isn't going to look right on your body. It will either make you look too short or smushed on top. Peplum can really give you that hourglass shape so you want to make sure its framing your body correctly. They come in all shapes and sizes so I encourage you to find one that really flatters your body.
With this outfit I took a simple white peplum top and paired it with a full leather skirt, I kept the color palette neutral because it really allows the burgundy to pop. This past summer we took a visit to Cape May, whose history relies on the victorian era. This pairing really reminds me of the bell shaped dresses they wore, giving it a really vintage and romantic but whimsical feel. To make it a bit more modern, I added a crossbody with these matching ankle strapped heels. Ps. you could throw on some tights and it would be the perfect fall outfit! Enjoy, hope everyone is staying safe in NYC <3

Photos by : Juan E Martinez



2 comments:

  1. I just discover your blog on Chictopia and I really love it! Love your skirt and bag!
    Following you on GFC and Bloglovin!

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this outfit! love how you paired the peplum with the skinny belt!

    Visit my blog! Lets follow each other!
    beautybyleoh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete